Thursday, December 24, 2009

Magalie, Day 13 Post Surgery, Christmas Eve

Sorry for the gap in reports. We divided our efforts in order to cover two fronts. Charlene came home for two nights to get ready for Christmas; I stayed in Rochester with Magalie. Now she is at Mayo and I am home. Matt, Alex and Ricky are playing Monopoly. We are planning dinner here tomorrow for the whole group, minus most of the kids.

Magalie's lumbar drain has been taken out and the brace is off her face. She just moved from ICU to a regular room. Progress! She seems to feel better, too. I won't have pictures until I get back to Rochester on the 26th. Sorry. She still has to stay in the hospital until the infectious disease doc takes her off the IV antibiotics. No date set yet.

1 comment:

  1. Praise God! GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME, ALL THE TIME GOD IS GOOD! What wonderful Christmas Eve news! Thank you David and Charlene for the wonderful care you continue to give Magalie. I wish you and your family a very Merry and Blessed Christmas! Thank God for the skill of the Doctors and Nurses as they minister to Magalie, and thank God for guiding their hands. I pray for Magalie's mother as she worries and suffers for Magalie from Haiti. I hope she is being informed of Magalie's progress by Roberta.
    David, I have taken the liberty of making a slideshow of your comments and pictures of Magalie to keep the church here in Haskell up to date on Magalie's progress. I hope this is okay with you. We continue to lift up Magalie and you and Charlene to God in prayer.
    Thank you again,
    Sam Wester
    Haskell, Texas

    ReplyDelete