Saturday, September 23, 2023

Me

 I have had two strokes. Before that I was diagnosed with "Mild Cognitive Impairment". It sounds like I should be a basket case. I'm not. I do sleep a lot, though not as much recently as I did for a while there. Charlene is my closest observer, and she says that I have improved a lot in the last few weeks. She has said that it seems like she has her husband back. She is a tremendous encourager, but she would not tell me that if she did not truly believe it. I am more engaged in whatever is going on. 

Charlene does most of our driving, but I can still drive when it will keep her from going somewhere she has no need to go to. I remember the old family stories, even when others don't. My short-term memory loss is a little hard to describe. By the end of the day, I may not recall what we did that morning. Our activities over the last few days are spotty in my memory. I can tell you of some of them, but not all. 

I am proud of my two on-going accomplishments.  I put out a monthly newsletter for our condo association. It is one page, divided into several sections by topic. I think it looks good. If you would like to see a copy of the latest edition, email me at outofthepews@gmail.com and I'll send you one. It always has pictures.

The other accomplishment is that I maintain the electronic sign in front of the church building.  I keep it current, and I use it to advertise whatever is going on at the church, like the monthly appearance of the food truck, or a potluck dinner, or a special speaker, or an open house for the community. 

That's enough info for today. I plan to be back is a few days. May God bless every one of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment