Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Charlene

I love this picture of Charlene. She looks so peaceful, and happy and content and pretty. We were at the arboretum with Jim and Sue Lindsay.

And I love Charlene. She is intelligent and talented. She loves people – all kinds of people. She loves the Lord and is always ready to put herself out for His purposes. And she is the best cook and baker this side of anywhere.

And I love her new confidence. The success of her new book is challenging her self-image that nothing she does could possibly be right. Too many people are raving about it in the comments on Amazon. I told her this morning that she can’t deliver a muffin to a neighbor without apologizing for it. That’s an exaggeration, of course.

I love her love for adventure. We talk often about our next adventure, whatever it may be. Our life together has been a series of adventures, one after the other. The next one up is our second book tour promoting her book. Whodathunk? 

And I love that she loves me. She has put up with my quirks and shortcomings and odd sense of humor and love of strange music for 55 years and we are in it for the long haul.
Happy Valentine’s Day, Charlene.

No comments:

Post a Comment